A lot of fellow bloggers have been commenting about the "Blogger Flu". I don't have that yet, but I’m in a very whiny mood today. I have a scratchy throat, haven’t gotten a good night’s sleep in four nights (because I keep falling asleep on the couch, and there’s no moving me short of a forklift), and just can’t get warm. It doesn’t help that we had snow flurries this morning and a nor’easter is coming into town.
Wah. Wah. Wah. Here’s my "I'm Feeling Sorry For Myself" List:
Okay, I’m done whining. Thanks for letting me get all that off my chest! The weekend should be a little better. Nothing on the plate except a football game on Sunday. Tonight, one practice is already cancelled, so I’ve only got one place to be. Tomorrow, I’m taking my coffee, a radio, and a space heater if needed, out to the garage and pricing stuff for the yard sale. Hopefully by Sunday I’ll have a better handle on things and can have a calm week.
- My calendar has no white space on it.
- The Yard Sale That Wasn’t was has been rescheduled for the fourth time to next Sunday, come Hell, high water, or a cookout my husband wants us to go to. He who is not LIFTING A #$@@%^ FINGER to help!
- I’m sick and tired of people doing half-assed work, particularly those with jobs on my dime! The swim team administration who can’t answer a call or email unless you call the Head Coach, the teacher who still can’t get that supplies can’t be had on a moment’s notice, not if I’m supplying them and not if they weren’t on the supply list to begin with; the music department that can’t tell you anywhere else you can rent an instrument other than Instrument Night, when the same vendor has a store two towns over.
- The football coaches can’t decide when to switch practice to the field with the lights, so Middle Child is risking life and limb running plays in the dark.
- The friends who’ve been told constantly that Hubby works second shift still greet me with, “Hey, where’s Hubby tonight?” Way to make me feel like you give a rat’s ass, guys!
- The H1N1 flu is driving me crazy. I’m apprehensive to give my kids a vaccine that I personally think hasn’t been tested enough. At the same time, I heard this morning our elementary school has at least one case, but no notice has been sent home. It’s like head lice - you know it’s out there and you keep your eyes open, but when that notice comes home, you start checking more diligently.
- Planning of my upcoming high school reunion is just getting underway thanks to SOME people; still dealing with the Mean Girl 25 years later is NOT what I ever envisioned. She and two other “officers” decided NOT to have a 25th reunion. Once she got wind that the other class (we do joint reunions with them) was going to have one anyway and invite my class, she changed her tune. Now she’s complaining about how she doesn’t want to plan it or attend. Fine, don’t help and don’t come! But don’t tell us we can’t have one!
- The Baby’s approaching two, so the “I just had a baby” excuse for my weight doesn’t work anymore. I’m not happy that I’ve put on five pounds since September. I’m trying to get more organized so I can set aside time for at least Wii Fit (that’s still in the box from last Christmas) and my Bean (still in the box from the Christmas before). Even if I could lose 15 before the reunion, I can squeeze the rest into Spanx or something like that.
- My back is killing me from single-handedly taking two window air conditioners out yesterday and putting them away in the garage. I’ve only mentioned it EVERY WEEKEND since Labor Day, but Hubby couldn’t find the time. Had to be done - the wind was whistling through them the other night when we had our first FREEZE!
Enjoy your weekend, and if you need to whine too, please, go ahead and post your whines in Comments!