Friday, October 23, 2009

Music To Drive By

I know I have some wonderfully winsome, insightful posts in my head, but I can’t get them to come out today. So instead, I’m going to share the 10 songs that are on a CD in my car right now (I know, gasp, how old-fashioned, a CD player – hey, I’ve got cassette tapes too!). A rather eclectic mix, each is a favorite for a different reason. And, of course, I will play them non-stop until my kids beg me to break the CD and/or stop asking me for rides anywhere (hint hint, ladies!), and then I will replace them with another Personal Top 10.

Lovely Day – Bill Withers
The title speaks for itself. Great love song.

Breezin’ – George Benson
A song played endlessly by my parents when I was a kid. When I hear it, I can close my eyes and picture being at the beach on a summer day.

My Girl (Gone, Gone, Gone) – Chilliwack
I loved this song when it first came out, and still do. Would be great to hear them do it on “Glee”!

Call Me When You’re Sober – Evanescence
A must-sing-along song. I adore Amy Lee’s voice, and it reminds me of exactly how I felt when (and why!) I dumped my boyfriend. I met my husband one week later. Yeah, Hubby is my rebound guy!

I Gotta Feeling – Black Eyed Peas
Remember the ready-for-the-weekend songs playing on the radio while you’re getting dressed (and spending hours making your '80s hair REALLY big!) to go out on a Friday night? This one brings back THAT feeling.

Turn Up The Radio – Autograph
An ‘80s one-hit wonder, reminds me of the earlier days of MTV, when they actually played music videos - seriously, my kids don't believe that music television once actually played MUSIC! Of course, they can't understand what having six stations was like either.

No Day But Today – “Rent” Soundtrack
The lyrics say it all, the harmonies are beautiful, and this is the song that brings me to tears (that and “I'll Cover You”) in the theatre.

Jai Ho (You Are My Destiny) – A.R. Rahman with Pussycat Dolls
Something about the song appeals to me.

How Do You Sleep – Jesse McCartney
I’ve always liked his music, which is more pop than rock or hip-hop. Now if he can just learn the words to the National Anthem…

Don’t Stop Believing – “Glee” Cast
‘Nuf said. Loved the song when Journey first released it, love acapella, love “Glee”.

What are your Today’s Top 10? What’s in heavy rotation at your house?

No comments: