Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day - It's Been A Long, Long Time...


First off, HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY to each and every one of you!  Here's hoping your day brings you lots of love and happiness.  Chocolate, flowers, and a nice dinner out couldn't hurt either....

It’s been a while since I've posted, four months to be exact, thanks in no small part to my inability to say “No thanks,” when asked to volunteer/help/participate/single-handedly storm the beaches of… you know what I mean.  I also haven't had the time to comment back on all your blogs, but thank you for keeping me laughing, crying, and connected - I've been there, lurking in the shadows.  I miss the contact with other women - I don't have a lot of time for "me" lately, and I'm realizing how unhappy that makes me.  Trying to find a better balance this year is a big goal of mine, so any advice is WELCOMED!  How do you do it all?  How do you keep the balls all in the air?

As for the balls in my atmosphere, I’m now a Class Advisor for the Oldest’s high school class (there’s two of us, and I’m overseeing their fundraising), helping with the Middle Child’s 5th-grade End-of-Year activities planning, and am sure I’ll be sucked into helping with the Baby’s class. Yes, I said class – he started pre-K two weeks ago. His Early Intervention services helped his speech so much he was discharged, but being considered At Risk, he got a slot in our school’s Integrated Preschool Program – 2½ hours Tuesdays through Fridays, giving Hubby no excuses to avoid his Honey-Do List….

Except Hubby has a slipped/herniated disc in his back. Took almost 4 months to get a treatment plan in place, and he’s having his second cortisone shot this week. Add to this a reduction in coverage help from my parents due to some medical issues for my Dad (he’s on the mend now), and the worst winter (or should I say, January) we’ve had in New England in a decade, and I’m headed for overload. Can’t wait for the warmer weather to start the melting.

And how’ve you all been?

No comments: