Monday, May 21, 2012

Gaining

I'm not happy.  I got on the scale this morning and let's just say I haven't been at this weight since I was pregnant... and there is NO way I'm there again.

I've entered that strange state many refer to as peri-menopause, which seems to be this Neverland full of various symptoms, no real definition, no defined start or finish time.  I haven't had the hot flashes yet, the whole off-kilter schedule thing is something I can sort of handle, but the weight gain is quite frankly just ticking me off.

Because now I need to make a concerted effort to find time to exercise.  Which is next to impossible for me with the kids' schedules.  But it's going to have to happen, because I can't stand the way I feel right now.  So for this first week, I'm going to try walking just a bit, starting today (oh good, as I type this, ominous rainclouds are rolling in from the west...).  I figure even 15-20 minutes is better than nothing.

Anyone else at or through this stage of life?  Got any hints you'd like to share on how to handle it?


2 comments:

Shelli said...

Wow, two posts in a week? You beat my record (I haven't posted this month yet, but I feel a post brewing).

Peri-menopause? Argh. Don't bring that up. I fear I am in the throes of it. Which seems strange since I was still TTC two years ago.

I've been doing Weight Watchers, and lost 35 pounds this year so far. I still am having a heck of a time getting any regular exercise in, on account of my still undiagnosed muscle situation.

Hugs my dear, we need a support group for the old ladies like us. Ahem, I mean 40 somethings.

WorkingMom said...

Thanks for the comment, Shelli! I'm making an effort to do things for me, hence the increase in posts.