Saturday, May 19, 2012

Last Dance

Yes, I haven't posted in a while.

No, I have no good excuse other than life happens, the kids' schedules have me in six different places at once, they increased my hours at work (not my pay, but my hours; I of course would prefer it to be the other way...).

Did I mention I have yet another horrible head cold?

But I am spurred to post today.  Another icon of my youth has passed away.  Not from drugs or fast living.  From being 63 and having cancer.

Rest in peace, Donna Summer, Queen of Disco.  Thank you for being a part of the soundtrack of my youth.  No matter where I am or what I'm doing, whenever I hear "Last Dance", I am transported back to a gym on a Friday night, filled with junior high seventh- and eighth-graders, all trying to feel like we fit in when Nature and hormones are doing everything to make us feel like we don't.

Excuse me while I power up the turntable...

No comments: